Legendary US boxer George Foreman faces rape allegations, two women file lawsuits  – Entertainment SA

Gistnobs
Gistnobs
3 Min Read

Legendary boxer George Foreman is another United States-based icon who is facing rape allegations as per media reports. 
 
Entertainment SA has learnt that the the former heavyweight boxing champion allegedly sexually abused two women in the 1970s, they have filed lawsuits in a Los Angeles court. 
 
ESPN reported earlier on Friday that the 73-year-old has since rubbished the claims as they initially became public last month, and spokespeople referred questions about the lawsuits to an earlier statement by him. 
 
The unnamed women reportedly filled two lawsuits under the pseudonyms Gwen H. and Denise F. in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday. 
 

 
 
“Foreman is referred to as DOE 1 in the lawsuits, but is described in them as the professional boxer who defeated Joe Frazier in 1973 to become the heavyweight champion of the world before losing the title to Muhammad Ali in 1974,” reports the sports website. 
 
“Both women, now in their early 60s, said they first met Foreman as children because their fathers were boxing associates of Foreman. 
 
“Denise, a Los Angeles resident, said in her lawsuit that Foreman groomed her when she was 8 years old and had sex with her when she was 15 (under the legal age of consent), in one instance in a San Francisco hotel room. 
 
“Gwen, a Nevada resident, said she met Foreman when she was 9, and that he sexually abused and raped her when she was 15 and 16 years old, including at an apartment in Beverly Hills. She said Foreman told her that her father would lose his job as a boxing adviser if she did not comply.” 
 
The website which covers sports in various continents indicates that Foreman called the allegations false and baseless. 
 
“Over the past six months, two women have been trying to extort millions of dollars each from me and my family. I don’t pick fights, but I don’t run away from them either,” he said in a statement. 
 
Furthermore, it is widely reported that the damning lawsuits were filed as the result of a California law that went into effect in 2020 that extends the statute of limitations that previously had prevented some victims of childhood sexual abuse from filing civil lawsuits. 
 
It’s also reported that both women are seeking a jury trial and to be awarded an unspecified amount in damages. 
 
Main Image: George Foreman/Twitter 
https://twitter.com/espn/status 

See also  Hushpuppi sentence reduced to 11 years for cooperative detectives - Entertainment SA

Share this Article
Posted by Gistnobs
Follow:
Software Developer, Data Analyst, Blogger, Writter, Promoter, Internet Sensational +2348105111968 (Whatsapp/Telegram)
eskort eskişehir - eskort adana - escort mersin