LEAGUE Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship – The LEAGUE Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides scholarships to LGBTQ high school seniors or graduates who have demonstrated leadership and involvement in their community. The organization was founded in 1996 and has since awarded over $1 million in scholarships to LGBTQ students.
The scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, community involvement, and financial need. The LEAGUE Foundation aims to support and empower the next generation of LGBTQ leaders by providing financial assistance to help them pursue higher education.
The organization’s mission is to provide access to education for LGBTQ students who may face additional barriers due to their sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The LEAGUE Foundation’s scholarship program is open to LGBTQ students nationwide, and applications are accepted annually.
- Red Thread Foundation Scholarship – Apply For 2023-24
- Courage to Grow Scholarship – Apply Now 2023-24
- Bridging The Dream Scholarship Program For High School Seniors – 2023
- No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship – Apply Now 2023-24
- West Point Admission Requirements 2023-24 (Apply Now)
LEAGUE Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
The LEAGUE Foundation offers scholarships to LGBTQ+ high school seniors and current college students. To be eligible for a LEAGUE Foundation scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- LGBTQ+ identified: Applicants must self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or questioning.
- High School Seniors: Applicants must be graduating high school seniors who plan to enroll in an accredited college or university in the United States, or current college students who have not yet earned a bachelor’s degree.
- Academic Achievement: Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Community Involvement: Applicants must have demonstrated leadership and involvement in the LGBTQ+ community and/or their local community.
- Financial Need: Applicants must demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a similar financial aid application.
- Application Requirements: Applicants must submit a completed online application, including academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a personal essay, and a resume highlighting their leadership, community involvement, and work experience.
Application Process (How To Apply)
To apply for a LEAGUE Foundation scholarship, follow these steps:
- Go to the LEAGUE Foundation website: Visit the LEAGUE Foundation website at www.leaguefoundation.org.
- Create an account: Click on the “Apply Now” button to create an account on the LEAGUE Foundation’s online application system. This will allow you to start an application, save your progress, and submit your materials.
- Select the scholarship you want to apply for: Choose the scholarship for which you want to apply from the list of available scholarships on the application portal.
- Complete the application: Fill out the online application, providing all required information, and upload your supporting materials, including academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a personal essay, and a resume highlighting your leadership, community involvement, and work experience.
- Submit the application: Once you have completed all sections of the application and uploaded all required materials, submit your application by the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Wait for notification: After the application deadline, the LEAGUE Foundation will review all applications and notify scholarship recipients by email. If you are selected for a scholarship, you will need to provide additional information, such as a copy of your college acceptance letter and proof of enrollment, before the funds are disbursed.