Here is an Available IT Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship: Software asset management specialist.
Education Desired: Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage: 1 – 5%
This position is responsible for global software asset management for the server environment, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft, IBM, Red Hat, Oracle, and other software publishers. Strong knowledge of Microsoft server product licensing is critical, along with SPLA and other various aspects of this vendor. A key function of this role will be to manage the daily care and feeding, as well as reporting out of the asset management/license optimization system.
The IT Software Asset Management Specialist will be a member of the IT Asset Management Program Office who are responsible for the input, management, and maintenance of data in the Asset Management tool including licenses, maintenance, order information, business details, and contracts. This specialist will be a resource for software licensing knowledge for employees and teammates.
- Serves as one of the corporate Subject Matter Experts for licensing questions pertaining to our software publishers, supporting over 70,000 workstations and 100,000 servers. The primary focus will be on SaaS publishers, providing backup assistance for the other top-tier publishers.
- Maintaining the SaaS governance solution across the enterprise spanning Spend, Publisher provisioning, and renewals.
- Sam governance across new publisher and product deployment requests.
- Helps maintain information in the Enterprise IT Software License Management to ensure purpose and functionality closely aligns with business procedures, directions, and strategies
- This would include license assignments, purchasing updates, new asset identification and updates, report generation, and other tasks as identified
- Routinely performs risk assessments associated with licensing compliance to ensure all vendor contractual requirements are met
- Provides data analysis for contract renewals and true-ups
- Controls expenses within approved budgetary guidelines
- Works to reduce overall budget expense by managing licensing effectively
- Provide input to the Software Asset Management life cycle, including analysing and redesigning Software Asset Management processes, software requests, license pooling/checks, and deployment
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of proficiency and knowledge of software licensing across key publishers.
- 5-7 years of experience of working in Software Asset Management
- SaaS management of publisher deployments and license reconciliation.
- Working knowledge of SaaS and Flexera’s FlexNet Management Suite, ServiceNow or similar.
- Ability to understand and apply concepts pertaining to software licensing.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Experience in implementing process change
- Possess solid organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task in an ever-changing environment.
- Knows and understands business needs and has the ability to adapt changing technology to business needs
- Requires a working knowledge of procurement and financial management principles
- Experience supporting a global organization and building inter-departmental relationships
- Skilled use of Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and related software applications is required
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
What we offer you
A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your job must meet the minimum skill level set by the UK government. A list of eligible occupations can be found at www.gov.uk
Job offered by a licensed sponsor.
A company must have a sponsorship license to hire overseas employees. An official companies register is available at www.gov.uk
Salary of at least £25,600 or the going rate of the profession (whichever is higher).